We believe a just resolution of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict is the key to Middle East peace. We support policies that promote peace, justice, security and equal rights for all Palestinians and Israelis.
We believe the United States should do the following:
- Support direct negotiations between the elected leadership of Palestine and Israel.
- Provide leadership to initiate and sustain negotiations between Palestine and Israel to achieve a just peace with a one or two state solution.
- Stop the export of all weapons and military aid to Israel and Palestine.
- Stop U.S. economic aid to Israel until Israel abides by agreements reached.
- Support United Nations resolutions that charge Israel with violations of human rights, Geneva Conventions and International Laws.
We support the following actions:
- End the Israeli occupation and control of Gaza, the West Bank and East Jerusalem.
- Dismantle all structures of occupation, including: settlements, separation walls and fences, checkpoints, and road segregation.
- End the collective punishment of Palestinians.
- Restore basic human rights to all Palestinians – including freedom of movement, right to travel and work and uncontrolled access to electricity, food, goods, humanitarian aid, education and health care.
- Stop the imprisonment and torture of Palestinian men, women and children.
- Stop all Palestinian home demolitions and destruction of olive groves.
- Provide equitable distribution of water resources to Palestinians.
- Comply with U.N. Resolution #242, requiring withdrawal from territories occupied in the 1967 war.
- Comply with U.N. Resolution #194 and the Geneva Conventions, which state that Palestinian refugees have the right of return.•Encourage political unity of Palestinians.
Copyright © 2009 MEPN